Please note this position requires relocation to either Nunavut, Northwest Territories or Yukon.
This management position is located in a community in Nunavut These roles are offered at a permanent or a contract level (1 year minimum) and the compensation package varies upon property, size of operation and volume of the hotel. The positions are annual based salary. There is subsidized housing (either in hotel or staff housing). The community owned Co-operatives in the Arctic are multi-purpose businesses that provide a wide range of services to their members and their communities. Services provided by local Co-ops include hotel and tourism operations within "Inns North" Hotels. Hotels can vary from a small hotel (4-6 rooms) to a larger hotel operation (40+ rooms). Some restaurants are for hotel guests only, while others are open to the public.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in the hospitality industry.
• Formal training in food services - Cook Level I, Journeymen’s certificate or equivalent cooking experience;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in hotel and food services management;
• Superior organizational skills;
• Excellent people management skills including the ability to recruit, hire, train, motivate, evaluate, discipline, develop and increase staff performance in a cross-cultural environment;
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing;
• Intermediate proficiency in application software – ideally Microsoft Office and POS;
• Certification in Safe Food Handling;
• Certification in Emergency First Aid is an asset;
• Maintain acceptable criminal reference and credit reference to ensure eligibility for bonding.
• Valid Driver’s License;
• Solid understanding of co-operative principles and philosophies;